How to Talk to your Web Designer
Save thousands. Get the site you want.
BUSINESS OWNERS ARE FROM VENUS,
WEB DESIGNERS ARE FROM MARS
You know this because:
- You've tried looking for a web designer and don't understand a word they say. This course will help decode some of the language for you.
- You have waited and waited for a response from a web designer with no luck. Learn how to avoid communication pitfalls and get things moving along a little faster.
- You've spent a small fortune on a beautiful website that hasn't sold anything or brought you any leads. Find out what good, affordable web design looks like for a business website.
This course is for business owners who want to learn how to speak to a web designer so they'll listen - and end up with a website that does the job! The course covers the hidden things business owners never think about when approaching a web designer. It unpacks all the problems: how to understand the 'tech talk', how a web designer's head works, the parts you need in place BEFORE sitting down with them, and how to manage a project once it is up and running.
The course includes:
- 7 video lectures, just under 75 minutes in total
- scripts for most lectures, where relevant
- audio only versions of each lecture
- two workbooks
Get started now!
If you don't understand what the purpose of your website is, nor what good web design is, a shifty web designer will spot you coming.
And you will be fleeced for your ignorance.
Before you spend $500 on a new website, ask yourself:
How do I know I'll get my money's worth?
- Is this a reasonable price for a website?
- What is a well-designed website worth?
- What problems could I have with a web designer which will cost me money?
- How do I find and choose a good web designer?
- What do I need before I speak to a web designer?
Wouldn't you like to know the possible pitfalls ahead? BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T...
- $500 will be your MINIMUM spend,
- Redoing a website will mean spending ANOTHER $500,
- A badly done website will lose you potential SALES / LEADS,
- And you will be overcharged if you don't have a clue what your website is supposed to do.
WANT TO LEARN THE SECRET TO HAVING A GREAT WEBSITE?
This course will take a fraction of your time and stop you from losing thousands on a poorly designed website. You'll be able to confidently find a good web designer, be fully prepared for that first sit-down, speak 'their' language and when the final product is put before you, assess accurately if your site is well designed before settling the final bill.
WHAT CAN GO WRONG WITH A WEB DESIGNER?
Some business owners share their stories
"My website designer and I clearly don't speak the same language. Maybe it's because I don't understand the website jargon, or maybe he doesn't understand English? Or could I be speaking Greek and he Russian?
We have wasted a great deal of time with back and forth messages on technical issues I simply don't understand.
Either way, it annoys me I have to tell him to do obvious things - like taking down a special or an ad that's no longer running. Incorrect information on my website loses me sales! It would be great if I were able to do small things like this myself."
- Lauren, Business owner: Cleaning Services
"I call and call and call my web designer, but I never get hold of him. And he doesn't answer his emails neither! I'm getting pretty frustrated.
After months of struggling I still don't have a website. No-one knows where to find my business, or how to contact me online - because there's nothing there. In these tough economic times, I can't afford to lose a single lead, I need all the help I can get to keep my business afloat. But my web designer doesn't seem to care about this."
- Werner, Owner, Medical Laboratory
"Years ago I was approached by a web designer who offered to do a WordPress site for a service I wanted to offer. His fee was just over $3,000. My budget was actually a tenth of that.
I told him quite clearly I didn't care about the colours, I just wanted a website that worked. However, he logged in 165 times to get the colours 'just right'. Needless to say, I gently let him go."
- Pete, Academy of Business Owners
Learn how a web designer thinks and speaks so you can get the website you want.
Save yourself $$$ in the process.
Get started now!
I must have been the most annoying child under the sun.
I clearly remember, at age four, taking my father's alarm clock apart. And reassembling it again, minus the bit that made the alarm pop up. He was not charmed, I can assure you.
It morphed into other stuff as I grew up, this constant thirst for insight into how things all hang together. I turned it into an online career and started building websites for small businesses. Now I get to smash together code, colour and content and come up with great online concoctions.
With each website I built for a business owner, I learned a new aspect of how a well-planned website can make or break a business. The tech on websites keeps advancing. The learning journey continues.
A website is a tool. Hone that tool properly from the start, and it can save you time and money.